Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blogging Thoughts

I'm a huge reader, therefore I do enjoy reading different blogs that cover a variety of topics- eduaction, travel, food. I love how blogs can make EVERYONE a writer and share their thoughts and ideas. It's also an effective tool for communication. I have always wanted to start my own blog but having a mind full of thoughts always left me clueless as where to begin or what to focus on. With this class, I guess education is a good place to start since it's something I do for the majority of my week!

Setting up this blog for the first time required some clicking around, and naviagting through. But within 10 minutes, I was happy to see an actual post that looked like all the other blogs I've read! I played around with different designs and found it simple to change designs and layouts.

3 comments:

  1. Fatima,
    I had a very similar feeling when I posted my first post and saw that it looked "correct." In the post you say "I have always wanted to start my own blog but having a mind full of thoughts always left me clueless as where to begin or what to focus on." I think our kids have similar problems. They have so many thoughts to write that it is all jumbled together. My students need much more specific prompts to help them start writing.

    I look forward to your next post,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fatima,
    Have you used an RSS feed before to keep track of your posts? This is the first one that I have ever set up, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems a little awkward, and I feel like I am always missing something. Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fatima,

    It looks like you have found a very fun and clean layout for your blog. Even though you list all of the fun things you like to do that would translate to interesting blog content, how do you feel about using blogging as a teaching tool? After this experience, would you be able to guide your students into being happy with their blogs and how would you maintain their interest to keep blogging?

    I hope these questions help to flesh out your thoughts.

    -Nichole

    ReplyDelete